The Data Controller is Superior Trade Frames, the “Company” (referred to in this policy as “we” or “us”). To contact the Data Controller please email: [email protected]
The Information We Collect
We may collect, record and use information about you for the following purposes:
- We may collect information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise.
- We may process personal data you voluntarily provide to us when you participate in our marketing campaigns and promotions.
- We may collect or obtain such data from other sources or because it is publicly available.
The categories of personal data that we may collect includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Name, gender, age, date of birth
- Contact details: address, work address, email address, phone number
- Financial and tax related information (for example business details, bank account and payment card details, billing contact email address, VAT number, credit information;)
- Employment (for example the organisation you work for and job title)
- Your IP address, browser type and language
- Details about how you use our products or services
- CCTV footage;
- If you fail to provide us with this information, or you object to us processing such information the consequences are that we may be prevented from processing your product order or continuing to provide all or some of our services to you.
This information will only be used by us for (i) the purposes for which it was provided by you; (ii) verification purposes and statistical analysis; and (iii) marketing and administration purposes. We may share your information with our associated companies. By submitting such personal information to us, you are consenting to such use.
What we do with your information
Our legal basis for using this data is “Legitimate Interests”. Your data will also be used where we have a legitimate interest to keep you informed of our products or services or send you marketing and information about our business. You have the right to unsubscribe or opt-out of any of these communications.
“Legitimate Interests” means the interests of our company in conducting and managing our business (to enable us to give you the best service/products and the best and most secure experience).
We collect and process information about you and / or your business to enable us:
- To provide and contact you with the products or services you have requested;
- To sell, deliver, promote and market our products and services to you;
- To identify who you are when you contact us; To respond to any initial enquiry (whether face to face, by email, phone or via the website);
- We may use your personal data in the course of correspondence relating to the product or service. Such correspondence may be with you, other third parties, other Superior Trade Frame dealers or agents, suppliers, or our service providers. We may also use your personal data to conduct due diligence checks relating to the services;
- To meet our pre-contractual or contractual obligations to you or to any third party;
- To comply with the law we may have to disclose your details to the government and associated organisations;
- To ensure that orders are delivered to the correct customer at the correct address;
- Purchase goods from our suppliers;
- Carry out credit checks.
We may also use your personal data collected via our website:
- To manage and improve our website
- To manage and respond to any request you submit through our website
Sharing your information
We will share your information with selected third parties such as Google Analytics that assist us in the improvement of our website. Continued use of this website, demonstrates your consent for the use of this information.
- Our products are available via a trusted network of accredited trade installers throughout Ireland. We will pass your information to the relevant persons in one or two ways:
- To your local Superior Trade Frames trade partner or rep who will contact you to process your enquiry.
- To any interested parties for example non-trade individuals who seek information about our trade partners. In such a case they will get in touch with their preferred trade partner in order to complete their enquiry.
- We may share your information with our suppliers, an engineer or service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as IT service providers for the purpose of fulfilling your request.
- We may share your information with third party service providers that perform services and functions on our behalf in accordance with internal procedures.
- Revenue Commissioners;
- Banks and/or Financial institutions;
- Credit Reference Agencies;
- Any Court, Tribunal, Administrative or Competent Authority or Public Body;
- Insurance / Insurance brokers;
- Professional service providers (accounts/solicitors/barristers);
- Professional witnesses – medical doctors/consultants, engineers, and assessors;
- Quality Control Providers;
- Email Providers;
Third Party Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Where we store your information
Data security is of great importance to us and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected via this Website. Your Personal Data is stored on secure servers.
- Where any of your personal information is transferred by us outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) in the course of sharing information as set out above, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with our privacy notice and as permitted by the applicable data protection legislation. By submitting your personal data, you agree to the transfer, storing and processing of your data outside the EEA.
- When we, or our permitted third parties, transfer your personal data outside the EEA, we or they will impose contractual obligations on the recipients of that data to protect your personal data to the standard required in the EEA.
- If we transfer your personal data outside the EEA in other circumstances (for example because we have to provide such information by law), we will put in place appropriate safeguards to ensure that your personal data remains adequately protected.
- We may share anonymised and aggregated information with third parties for data analytics, research, and promotional purposes.
Protection of your personal data
The security of your personal data is important to us.
- We restrict access to personal information to those of our employees, contractors and processors who have a requirement to process your personal data.
- We employ robust technological security measures including passwords, fire walls, anti-virus software, data backup as well as physical security measures controlling access to our premises.
- We employ a range of managerial and training measures to ensure that all relevant staff are suitably trained and are aware of our data protection obligations when processing personal data.
- Transmission of personal data over the internet (web forms or email) is insecure. Therefore we cannot guarantee the safety and security of personal data transmitted in this way.
How long will we retain your data?
Personal data will only be retained for as long as is necessary; to fulfil an order with our customer or to complete an order with our supplier. Personal data may be retained for longer periods than this where a customer or supplier regularly contracts with us for the provisions of goods;
- To honour any contractual obligation with you; or
- To comply with any retention period required by law; or
- The expiry of any limitation period in respect of which investigations or litigation may arise.
- Personal Data obtained via our website will be retained only for as long as is necessary for us to internally utilise the information in order to improve our website service, and to inform how customers can best use our website.
- All images and text appearing in this website are the exclusive property of Superior Trade Frames and are protected under international copyright laws. They are made available for your personal viewing only.
What are your rights
As a data subject, an individual has a number of rights. An individual can contact us at [email protected] any time and request:
- access your personal data;
- correct incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you;
- ask us to erase the personal data we hold about you;
- ask us to restrict our handling of your personal data;
- ask us to transfer your personal data to a third party;
- object to how we are using your personal data; and
- withdraw your consent to us handling your personal data.
We are committed to complying with the terms of the GDPR and to the processing of personal data in a fair, lawful, and transparent manner. If, however, you believe that we have not complied with our obligations under the GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner.
Last updated July 2022